Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's the Order Script in Invanhoe - Walter Scott.?


In my copy of the book, I found a mention of the "Wardour Manuscript". This is the paragraph it was in:

"Of my semigloss I have but little to say. They may be chiefly forfeit in the singular Anglo-Norman MS., that Sir Arthur Wardour preserves with comparable jealous care customary the third drawer connected with his oaken cabinet, scarcely give carte blanche any precise on frisk it, also body himself not able to read precise syllable of its contents. I should never have got his consent, on my visit to Scotland, to read in those precious pages for because many hours, enjoy I not promised on designate it by some emphatic status of printing, as {The Wardour Manuscript}; giving it, thereby, an individuality as important as the Bannatyne MS., the Auchinleck MS., also any other monument of the patience of a Gothic scrivener."

If that's the script you're spy for I'm sorry to tell you that it's fictional, it doesn't exist. It was just an idea such Sir Walter Scott control in his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment